The role of a member is to commit time and information to support the objectives of the Alliance. As such my organisation commits to:
Supporting the mission, vision, values and goals of the Alliance
Time commitment to take part in Portfolio Committees (PFCs), attend the Annual Conference and Annual Meeting and actively take part in activities as required
Information sharing commitment:
- Share information e.g. standards and financial models (by certification programmes) and information on tourist arrivals (by tourism boards) as requested by the Secretariat.
- Contribute information to research conducted under the auspices of the Alliance e.g. market research and segmentation studies, impact assessments, business development needs
- Contribute at least two case studies annually. The format and content of case studies will be determined by the relevant PFCs and communicated to members.
- Contribute at least three articles for the Alliance newsletter/website annually in consultation with the Secretariat.
- Contribute to country-specific pages of the Alliance’s website in collaboration with the Secretariat.
Own travel costs
- Members are expected to fund their own costs of attending the Alliance Annual Meeting and conference held each year in Durban. Alliance events will be scheduled to preceded the Tourism Indaba annually.
- Members are expected to fund their own travel costs for participating in training workshops, study trips and other events organised by the Alliance.
- A small fund will be managed by the Secretariat to subsidise travel costs of members who cannot afford to pay their full travel costs. People whose travel is subsidised will be expected to cover some of their own costs e.g. visas, airport transfers, and subsistence.
Sharing of opportunities and other resources
- Alliance members commit to identifying opportunities for the Alliance within their national governments i.e. facilitating meetings between the Secretariat/PFCs and national enterprise development initiatives.
- Members will likely come across opportunities for the Alliance through their normal course of work inclusive of funding opportunities. Members will commit to sharing such opportunities with the Secretariat, who will in turn take action and/or disseminate to the wider membership, as applicable.
Marketing the Alliance
- Members commit to promote their membership of the Alliance and use the Alliance corporate identity in their marketing collateral e.g. newsletters and websites.
- Members commit to promote the Alliance to potential new members and refer these back to the Secretariat.
- Members commit to highlight their participation in the Alliance to stakeholders and other forums.
- Members commit to share information about the Alliance with their databases.