Travelife will be facilitating a training seminar on the Sustainability for tour operators during the Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Conference (ESTC) 2013 in Nairobi.
What Will You Learn?
Through this this training seminar, you will gain practical know-how on specific steps required to implement sustainability practices, and be able to:
- Understand the concept of sustainability in tourism.
- Recognize the key environmental, social and economic impacts of tourism.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of tour operators (inbound/outbound).
- Identify the types of actions tour operators can take in the field of transport, accommodation, excursions and customer communication.
- Identify quick wins for your own business and for your suppliers.
- Set realistic sustainability targets and identify methods of measuring success.
- Identify personal sustainability USP’s (Unique Selling Points).
- Communicate sustainability achievements in an effective way to your clients.
- Use your sustainability achievements to create more business (marketing)
To download the preliminary agenda click here.
This seminar is designed to be a hands-on training experience using a mixture of the following learning techniques/tools:
- Expert presentations.
- Interactive sessions with questions and answers.
- Discussions and group exercises.
- Group and individual role-play exercises.
- Problem-solving exercises.
Following the training seminar, the Travelife sustainability system will offer ongoing support in the use and implementation of the knowledge, methods and tools that have been acquired in the training. The ultimate goal is to prepare you to effectively implement and communicate about your business’ sustainability practices, in order to increase your competitiveness in the global markets.
Who Should Attend
This training seminar is designed for the following segments of the tourism industry:
- Executives of tourism businesses.
- Contracting and marketing managers of tour operators catering to the international market.
- Directors and managers of travel associations and tourism boards working with tour operators on a daily basis.
Registration is only available for participants of the ESTC13 conference. If you have not registered yet, please see registration options at www.ecotourismconference.org/rates-and-policies
The deadline for registration is 1 August 2013. As the number of participants is limited you are advised to apply as soon as possible. For more information visit http://www.ecotourismconference.org/training-seminar-sustainability-tour-operators